SAP Business One is already equipped to easily and quickly fulfill most GDPR requirements. However, SAP Business One 9.3 PL04 includes specific enhancements within data protection and privacy tools to meet the demands of the GDPR legislation, particularly around areas such as the right to be forgotten, opt-in/opt-out requirements, as well as privacy of user names and profiles.
SAP Business One 9.3 PL04 enhancements include:
- Personal Data Tools and CleanUp
- Authorisations control who can see Personal Information
- Data Ownership can help contribute to GDPR Compliance
- Change Log, when information was changed can assist in reviewing cases against companies for failing to adhere to GDPR requirements and therefore having this facility can help improve GDPR Compliance and Data Management.
- Personal Data Management in System Initialisation > Company Details.
- Utilities > Personal Data Management shows all Personal Data in Grid view including Users, Contacts, Market Documents etc around 20 document types. Review & Confirm which are Personal Data and which are not. Important for providing information held on BP’s and in order to successfully run CleanUp.
- Utilities > Personal Data Management Wizard provides Reports and CleanUp routines for Data Management to help with GDPR Compliance.
- Personal Data Report, this can be sent to customers, important to check. Incorrect information being sent to customers is worse than sending nothing.
- Personal Data CleanUp, does not remove Transactions, it only removes the Personal Data elements. All ‘Personal Data’ fields that have been nominated in ‘Personal Data Management’ are set to ‘*’ on both Master Data and Transactional Data records.
- New Authorisations for Utilities Personal Data Management.
- Change Log now added to Activities, Checks for Payments and Service Contracts.
- Sensitive Personal Data Access Log (Future Enhancement for UK)